Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Apologia Physical Science, Module 14, Waves and Sound

Play  Quizlet.  Just scroll down and find the Module you want.

1) p. 345-348 - Transverse and Longitudinal Waves


2) p. 345-348, Longitudinal Wave


3) p. 353, Fahrenheit to Celsius Conversion

extra if you want to know:
From Celsius to Fahrenheit
The way I learned it in school, with the fraction 5/9
Try both ways.  They work!  =)

4) p. 353-355, Weather & Meteorology: How Can I Tell How Far Away a Lightning Strike Hit? 


5) p. 355-357, Close to Mach 1


6) p. 355-357, Sonic Boom



7) p. 361-362, Picture of Supersonic Shock Wave


8) p. 363-365, How the Ear Works


9) p. 366-368, Ultrasonic wave with obstruction
(Here are more if you are interested)


8 comments:

  1. Hi, my name is Grace, this is really helpful thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There seems to be a problem with most of your videos they aren't showing up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, do you mean on this particular post, or on the site in general?
      I do see the one about the Doppler Effect is not working and will remove it now... The rest will play for me. I did need to click to update the Adobe Flash player...
      And as for any other videos on other posts... I'm sorry, but this site has pretty much been inactive since 2014, when my last child graduated. I've left the site up for others to use as they are able.
      While I'm aware that there have been some videos on various posts on the site that do not work, I haven't had time to keep up with removing them as more stop working at any time, without my knowledge.
      Thank you for understanding. =)

      Delete
  3. I find it helpful to leave the nonworking videos. I can see the titles and search other similar videos. Thanks so much for not removing this site. We use it constantly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, thank you for leaving the site up and running "as is," I use it constantly as well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you choose Anonymous, please leave a first name.
Thanks!